Celebrate with Service
At Johnson Bixby, we are committed to guiding and helping our clients reach their financial goals. Additionally, our firm culture is also dedicated to serving our community. We believe investing in our community creates significant connections helping everyone flourish.
In our community this can be done in a variety of ways. Often, the gift of time is more valuable to the receiver and more satisfying for the giver than the gift of money. We don’t all have the same amount of money, but we all do have the same amount of time in our lives.
With the holiday season here, one of the best gifts we can give is our time through acts of service. This helps our community develop and prosper. A few simple suggestions to get started:
- Volunteer to serve food at a homeless shelter
- Contribute to a food bank
- Participate in charity runs
- Offer to drive your elderly neighbor to appointments or do errands
- Tutor school children
- Walk pets at a local humane society
- Donate old clothes
- Participate in story time at your local library
- Invite someone to your holiday gathering if they do not have family to spend it with
- Serve on a local board
- Clean up a local park
- Send Christmas cards or care packages to military personnel overseas
- Start a neighborhood watch program
I hope this holiday season (and year round) you find meaningful ways to celebrate with service based on your unique gifts and talents. There is something magical about giving…find yours!
Written By Annette Santos