We’re hiring an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee the companies’ financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. Responsibilities are within five of the Owner’s businesses including:
- Johnson Bixby, (JBA), a financial planning firm
- JBA Retail dba Mill Plain Shipping Center, (MPSC), a shipping/postal annex
- Integrated Tax Services (ITS), a tax planning and preparation practice
- JBA Properties, a real estate holding company
- Ripple Effect Properties, a real estate holding company
Primary Job Duties and Requirements
Financial Recordkeeping, Processing and Analysis
- Work within QuickBooks to record all transactions for all companies. This includes accounts payable, deposits, transfers and journal entries.
- Maintain all accounts payable files. Review invoices for accuracy. Allocate invoices appropriately between companies.
- Prepare accounts payable checks for Owner’s signature and scan with invoice to company files.
- Prepare and submit monthly payroll to ADP for MPSC, JBA & ITS. Manage employee PTO accrual and usage, including hourly accumulation per state law.
- Assist with accounts receivable and special projects, as necessary.
- Deposit incoming checks for JBA, record deposits for ITS & MPSC.
- Reconcile monthly bank and credit card statements for all companies.
- Prepare annual 1099s for vendors.
- Prepare and file B&O tax returns, as required by WA DOR.
- Keep required state, federal and corporate filings current including gathering information for annual meeting minutes for all companies.
- Track annual bills and renewal of contracts.
- Update and report personal property tax returns to local jurisdictions.
- Ensure tax and licensing renewals are kept current.
- Manage Kaiser Medical & Principle Dental account. This includes making and tracking payment from ITS & JBA as well as enrolling and unenrolling employee’s in appropriate coverage.
- Maintain and review insurance policies (health, E&O, disability, etc.).
- Maintain digital files for all accounting to lessen paper usage within the firms.
Strategic Financial Support
- Collaborate with the Owner and COO/CFO on the profitability of the Ripple Companies.
- Identify and protect the liability exposures of the companies and its Owner.
- Analyze and question practices to help implement the most efficient processes and find cost savings.
- Review business expenses and look for ways to reduce costs.
- Operate as an authority on accounting matters.
- Maintain strict confidential processes and support the leadership team in the successful financial stewardship of the organization.
- Work with various managers to draft budgets for their departments as well as being responsible for the overall budgeting process for all five companies. Work with the COO/CFO and Owner to finalize budgets and obtain approval.
- Analyze budget variances and report on budget-to-actual performance of each company, providing monthly and annual reports.
- Advocate and strengthen all accounting processes within the organization.
- Represent the culture and brand in your role.
- Demonstrate your ability to work effectively in a holistic team environment and exemplify our shared core values.
- Fully participate in the various meetings and functions of your role.
- Preferably, you hold a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college
- At least 4 to 7 years’ experience in managing a business and people, or have related experience and training
- You demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting. CPA preferred.
- You have knowledge in human resources and employment law
- You’re computer proficient in Microsoft Office with strong skills in Excel and QuickBooks
Salary and Benefits
We offer a generous salary and benefits package, including paid time off, employer-paid medical insurance, 401(k) offering and more.
How to Apply