Johnson Bixby is a financial planning firm in Vancouver, WA. We work to make our clients’ goals happen through the financial planning process. As sticklers for details, nothing excites us more than finding the solution to a complex problem.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organized Certified Financial Planner TM professional who will service our clients and work closely with our three Certified Financial Planners TM and support staff. Our financial planners develop and implement financial plans for clients and is involved in general office operations. It is expected any candidates have superior client relationship skills and possess strong analytical skills.
We have a knowledgeable professional team who take pleasure not only in their individual success, but the success of the team. We value teamwork, honesty, integrity and a strong work ethic.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL:
- Interview client to determine client’s overall financial picture including assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, financial objectives, and estate planning needs.
- Analyzes client’s financial status, designs and develops timely financial plan and procedures based on analysis of data. Presents plan and discusses financial options with client.
- Oversees preparation of documents to implement plan selected by client.
- Reviews and analyzes financial performance results and oversees report generation for client reviews.
- Maintains contact with client to revise existing plan based on modified needs of client or changes in investment market.
- Refers client to other establishments and professionals to obtain services outlined in financial plan.
- Sells insurance to client, recommending amount and type of coverage.
- Buys and sells securities to include, but not limited to, mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and annuities for client.
- Monitors, analyzes, and implements improvements in forecasting and reporting accuracy and effectiveness.
- Coordinates tax planning strategies.
- Manages client relationships and contacts of influence (COI) the firm works with and gives referrals to major client contacts.
- Develops planning strategies and directs operation assistants.
- Develops and maintains contacts of influence and professional relationships to help JBA grow.
- Does investment research and makes recommendations to the team. Keeps updated on the current economic climate.
- Responsible for client acquisition and retention.
- Be an active member of a community non-profit or other organization to promote yourself and JBA in the community.
- Involved in general office operations, contributing to and supporting branding, target marketing and public relations efforts.
- Maintains and keeps current with all compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
- +2-5 years industry-related work experience
- CFP® designation, series 7, 63, and 65 licenses.
- insurance license
- Bachelor’s degree
- Statistical analysis, reporting research results, forecasting, conceptual and financial skills
- Communication skills with emphasis on both oral and written communication
- Complex financial calculations
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Morningstar Workstation preferred
- Understanding of financial planning and investment terminology
- Understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements for financial services firms
Johnson Bixby offers a competitive benefits package, including: healthcare coverage, 401k + employer match, cafeteria plan, vacation and paid time off, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability and long-term care insurance. We believe you do your best work when you have room to be your best self. That’s why we encourage and pay for professional development.
If you share our passion for numbers and are able to multitask, set the bar high with an eye toward accuracy, can hit the ground running and quickly develop a keen understanding of our business, play well with others and remain cool under pressure, we hope you’ll consider applying.
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org